Monday, April 8, 2013

Old Windows Continued

Good Afternoon Everyone,
   If you didn't get a chance to read my post yesterday then I will catch you up. I just recently purchased two old windows and today I am going to show you different things you can do with them. You can use them just to hang on your wall as decor or you can use them for an art project.
  One of my favorite things to do with my Mom is arts and crafts. So this year for my birthday she took me to decorate an old window, so now I am going to share with you what I learned.
  To start off you want to make sure the glass is clean-obvious statement- There is no right or wrong so you can do whatever you'd like. Just remember your going to be doing everything backwards so when you look on the opposite side of your window everything reads left to right. I decided to put a few stencils along the side to connect everything in the middle. You want to make sure they are completely dry before starting anything else. If you don't like where the placement is use a little bit of windex and it will wipe straight off before drying. Next I found some scrap paper and moved them around until I found a place I liked it. I was making this for my husband and I so I tried to find a few things I knew he would appreciate. I came across some music notes and found a song, it sang Two Beating Hearts Joining Together. Then I just added some more musical paper and design paper and just put it on one side of the window. I picked out some scrapbook paper and used a machine to cut out the letters of what I wanted. I decided to put our last name at the top and put Our Love Story in the middle. I used a medium gel which you want to apply on the pretty side up so it will glue down on the window. Then I used bubble wrap as a stencil and dabbed a little on the window for a different texture.
  It's really easy and like I said earlier, you can do whatever you want. I am thinking about putting a picture behind my new windows and putting a small quote on there--I will post pictures if I do.
  Thank you for reading and let me know if you try an arts and craft with windows :)
   ---Sorry for the slight glare on the picture


No comments:

Post a Comment