Saturday, April 13, 2013

671 Days

 Love is the reason. Lifelong friendship is the gift. Kindness is the cause. Till' death do us part is the length. -Fawn Weaver

 Today I have been married for 671 days! Everyday I feel like I learn something new, either about my husband, myself or marriage. I am reading a book called Sacred Marriage and it said -Marriage is not meant to make you happy (although happiness plays a huge part in your marriage) but it is meant to make you Holy- That sentence has stuck with me ever since I read it, I wondered why God would create marriage if it wasn't for our happiness. But I continued reading and it later wrote -In your marriage you are with someone 24/7. They see every great thing about you and every flaw. Your spouse can 'call you out' on your actions and attitudes towards different areas in your life that don't reflect the heart of Jesus- The more we confront ourselves about what we need to work on in life the more we can become like Jesus. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment